Wednesday 21 August 2013

LPT Sound Interface

LPT Sound Interface

I am wanting to run two ZX Spectrum emulatior programs (one called Z80 by
Gerton Lunter and another called Warajevo) in DOSBox that uses an
interface box that attaches to the LPT input to tranfer data from a
cassette player into the software. From what I understand, the interface
transforms sinusoidal soundwaves into square waves that the ZX Spectrum
emulator understands and can load. The interface can also transform square
waves back to sinusoidal waves to save programs and data back onto
cassette. My current PC has only USB ports although I have been able to
connect printers with only LPT input using an off the shelf usb to lpt
port cable. I am wondering, though, if this would work for what I need it
to do through your version of DOSBox.
I hope that this does not sound too much like the ramblings of someone
gone mad and that I will hear back from you soon.
Thanks,
Ælfstangard

No comments:

Post a Comment